Thursday, May 17, 2007

More Time Trial Records

Hi Everyone,

Ya, I know, I need to do this more often. I've got a bunch of things going on right now and I'll try and get up to speed and let everyone know whats coming.

I attended another time trial in Huntsville, AL and had some sucsess at setting a couple more records. My good friend and team mate Kelly came down from Ohio to take his first crack at some records, lucky SOB got a couple too. I gotta say I went to this time trials with spoiler boats. Stuff I just don't run but since there's Little Willies and Capt.Crunches lighting fires under my ass I figured why not take some records away before the ink drys on their paper.

Records set:
N1 Mono SAW, 7.548 sec. 29.809 MPH average. (fastest one way 31 MPH)
N2 Sport Hydro SAW, 3.344 sec. 67.284 MPH average. (fastest one way 73 MPH)

These were tough records to grab because the boats are small and we had some wind and choppy water fighting us all three days. N1 mono is a stock brush motor class, I built a 21 inch H&M No-Step 1 mono a week before the event. My buddy Kelly had to pick me up a motor from his local hobby shop to run in the boat. I told him to just get me what ever motor they said was the "hot" one, lol. So, at the event I had to take the motor out of it's package and wire it up in the boat. Ha! No pond time dialing in this one and I set a record with a "box stock" motor! That's right, no fancy tricked out motor from some guy claiming to have the "magic bullet".

N2 Sport Hydro is an open motor class so I took the motor I set the N2 mono record with a month before and dropped it in a 25 inch shovel nose. Talk about a wild ride, that little boat was screaming across the water at speeds she just wasn't designed for. There was one tiny set back though, I got greedy and wanted to up my record. Duh, cost me a stinky boat when I fried a speed control with a WAY to big prop.

One cool thing though, all my records were set with American made motors and speed controls. My old RC-Hydros ESC was in the N1 boat and a Neu motor and Castle Barracuda 125 were in my N2 Sport. Solid preformers all the way.

My Buddy Kelly had his fair share of luck also. In his first ever time trials he grabbed 2 records.

T-Sport Hydro SAW, 2.581 sec. 87.175 MPH
S Tunnel SAW, 3.628 sec. 62.017 MPH

Both boats left allot on the table, Kelly had what was needed to run 100 MPH plus in T-Sport Hydro but we ran out of time and water. That's okay though, there's always next time.

One of these days I'll get serious about the time trials and build boats for speed only. Right now I get a kick out of beating records with my oval racing boats. Nothing better than taking a record from a big mouth with a boat I just tossed together, LMAO!!

Keeping the wet side down,

Paul.

PS: Check out this cool banner Kelly made for me, thanks Dude!

No comments: